I am a registered social worker and practicing psychotherapist who works with individuals 18 years of age and older.
As a therapist, my previous clients have described me as empathetic, warm and caring. I focus on cultivating a space that is open, supportive and easy going. I’ll provide you with a safe, non-judgmental space to talk about your experiences, while also helping you learn strategies to cope with difficult thoughts and feelings. Along the way, I will also provide resources and tools for your unique situation.
Some things in life are out of our control, like being diagnosed with a chronic illness or having little time as a working parent to fit it all in. There are things you can do however, even in the most difficult situations, to take charge of your experience and support both yourself and your family. I am committed to working with you to create a personalized plan to help you regain a sense of control, learn new ways to cope and commit to actions that enrich your life.
I have worked with a variety of individuals who are dealing with diverse challenges and difficulties. I have also spent ten years of my career working as a Cancer Coach. In my work, I provided individual coaching and counselling to people living with cancer, their caregivers and those who are grieving the loss of a loved one. I also provided support and consultation to parents who had children living with cancer and to parents who had cancer and wanted support in preparing to talk to their children about their diagnosis.
My approach is grounded in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). I also draw from narrative therapy and my years of experience in health coaching. Through my private counselling practice, I provide support in numerous areas but specialize in the following:
- Support for moms to help them achieve balance and good mental health.
- Anxiety management
- Cancer (in treatment, post-treatment and at end of life) Ex: Coping with health anxiety and fear of cancer recurrence, making a plan to help yourself cope through cancer treatment, coping and living with uncertainty, etc.
- Support for caregivers to help them navigate the cancer experience or other chronic and/or terminal illnesses and to focus on their own unique needs.
- Individuals living with chronic and/or terminal illness.
- Coping with grief and loss
- ADHD Ex: Support around executive function skills, emotion regulation, navigating challenges at home or work, etc.
- Navigating life changes and transitions Ex: Becoming a new parent, separation and divorce, career changes, moving to a new city, etc.
- Work-related stress Ex: Return to work after cancer or chronic illness, burnout recovery, attaining better work/life balance, etc.
Counselling services are available in both English and in French, to both Ontario and Quebec residents.
I offer a free 20 minute phone consultation to see if we are a good fit and to see how I can help you. I invite you to reach out and book a free consultation today. I look forward to hearing from you.